Acumen Resilient Agriculture Fund (ARAF)
- Health, food and water security
- Livelihoods of people and communities
- #2 Zero hunger
Location & People
- Uganda UG
- Ghana GH
- Nigeria NG
- Public / Private
- Project size:
- E&S Risk category:
- Category I1
- Category I2
- Category I3
- Instrument Equity USD
- Instrument Grant USD
- Acumen Equity USD
- Other investors Equity USD
- Other investors Grant USD
Project ownersAccredited Entity
- Access Modality: Direct (Regional)
- Acumen Resilient Agriculture Fund LP
- Acumen Capital Partners, LLC
- Acumen Fund, Inc.
Agriculture is a major industry in the target countries, and up to 80 percent of farmland is managed by smallholder farmers who are highly vulnerable to the impacts of climate change. Climate resilience is key to ensuring a long term sustainable increase in agriculture productivity and incomes for smallholder farmers.
The Acumen Resilient Agriculture Fund (ARAF) will improve climate resilience to ensure long-term sustainable increases in agriculture productivity and incomes for smallholder farmers. It will shift the pattern of investment in climate change adaptation activities in Africa from grants to a long-term capital approach, enabling smallholder farmers to respond to climate change more efficiently and effectively. It will support innovative private social entrepreneurs in micro-, small, and medium-sized enterprises (MSMEs) by providing aggregator and digital platform and innovative financial services to smallholder farmers.
The project has an estimated lifespan of 12 years.
|Document title||Published date|
|Funding proposal||27 Mar 2018|
- Acumen Fund, Inc. (Acumen) Mr. Sachindra Rudra Tel: +1 91 98675 65707 Mr. Alexander Healey Tel: +1 646 747 3855
- Ministry of Finance Ghana Mr. Frimpong Kwateng-Amaning Mrs. Phyllis Adwoa Quansah (Alternate)
- Federal Ministry of Environment Nigeria Dr. Yerima Peter Tarfa (Focal Point)
- Ministry of Finance, Planning and Economic Development Uganda Mr. Keith Muhakanizi