- The website of the Green Climate Fund (“the Website”), along with the information, content and documents contained thereon ("Materials") is maintained and administered by the Green Climate Fund ("GCF"), located at 175 Art center-daero, Yeonsu-gu, Incheon, Republic of Korea. GCF maintains the website as part of efforts to provide broad public access to information. The information presented herein is for informative purposes only.
- By accessing and using the Website, you agree to be bound and abide by these terms and conditions (“the Terms and Conditions”).
I. Access to and use of the website
- GCF grants you permission to access and use the Website, subject to these Terms and Conditions.
- You can stop using the Website at any time. GCF reserves the right to deny in its sole discretion your access to the Website or any portion thereof without notice, or add or create new limits to the Website at any time.
Access to, and use of, Materials on the Website
- The materials on the Website are protected by copyright. GCF either owns these materials, or it has been given permission to use them on the Website.
- To ensure wide dissemination of its information, GCF is committed to making its content freely available and encourages the use, reproduction and dissemination of the text, multimedia and data presented. Materials may be copied, printed and downloaded for private study, research and teaching purposes, and for non-commercial purposes. You are not allowed to sell, redistribute or create derivative works of any Materials for commercial purposes without the express written consent of GCF.
- Except where expressly authorised by GCF, if you intend to reuse Materials not owned by GCF, you should determine and obtain necessary permissions from their owner directly. The risk of claims resulting from such infringement rests solely with you. Under no circumstances shall GCF be held responsible for any copyright infringements arising from your use of third party content.
- Except where expressly authorised by GCF, the use or reproduction of any Materials should be done in a manner that does not represent or imply that GCF is participating in, or has sponsored, approved, or endorsed the manner or purpose of the use or reproduction of the Material.
- GCF reserves the right to revoke this permission if any Material is used to imply promotion, endorsement or a relationship with GCF, or if the Material is used in a way that is defamatory or damaging to the reputation of GCF.
- Any reproduction of the Materials shall be followed by the attribution statement: “First published by the Green Climate Fund” and a visible and clickable link back to https://greenclimate.fund.
- If you translate GCF Materials in any language other than English, the translated Materials shall be followed by the following attribution statement and a visible and clickable link back to https://greenclimate.fund: “First published by the Green Climate Fund. The working language of GCF is English. This translation is not official and was made by a third party for information purposes only. GCF makes no representation as to the accuracy or integrity of this translation. In case of discrepancies, the original English version of this document is definitive and shall prevail.”
- All requests and enquiries for translation, adaptation, derivations, resale or other commercial use should be addressed to .
- The GCF logo is the corporate identifier and official emblem of GCF, and it is a registered trademark under international treaties and national laws. Its use is prohibited without prior express written permission by GCF, or as provided for under the terms of a legal agreement with GCF. For permission to use the GCF logo please send a request explaining the proposed use to .
- If permission for use of the GCF logo is granted, instructions for its placement and display, including related disclaimers, must be strictly adhered to. The use and reproduction of material containing the GCF logo in connection with any third-party website, service or product must not imply GCF's endorsement of any such third-party website, product or service in any way. GCF reserves the right to request the immediate removal of its logo from unauthorised websites or products.
Maps and terminologies
- Maps or any geographical representations, including any boundaries, frontiers, colours, denominations and any other information shown therein, displayed on the Website do not imply official endorsement or acceptance by GCF. The use of particular designations of countries or territories does not imply any judgment on the legal status of any territory, or any endorsement or acceptance of such boundaries, frontiers, colours, denominations, or information.
- This Website may include Materials relating to certain securities. Any such Material is provided only for general informational purposes and does not constitute an offer to sell or a solicitation of an offer to buy any shares or securities including, without limitation, those that may be offered by GCF. GCF does not intend to solicit and is not soliciting any action with respect to any shares or securities through this Website. No information or Material on the Website shall be construed as containing any investment recommendations or advice.
Links to the GCF website
- GCF encourages you to link to the webpages on the Website. Inbound links to the Website are allowed if the rendered page is displayed as the sole content of the browser window, except in cases where we provide facilities or features that explicitly provide embedding of specific materials.
- GCF reserves the right to revoke this permission if a link or any other information is used to imply unauthorised promotion, endorsement or a relationship with GCF, or if the link is used in a way that is defamatory or damaging to the reputation of GCF.
Links to other websites
- The Website may provide links and references to third-party websites for your convenience. The inclusion of these links does not imply endorsement by GCF. Since these links are not under the control of GCF, GCF is not be responsible for the content of any linked websites or the information they contain. This also applies to any additional links that may appear on these sites. Your access to these links is at your own risk.
- When using the Website, you may, or may be required to, provide GCF information, including personal information. For the purpose of these Terms and Conditions, “Personal Information” means any information relating to a person who is or can be identified either from the information, or from the information in conjunction with other information that is in, or is likely to come into, the possession of GCF.
- GCF collects information in the following ways:
- directly, when you provide GCF with your information or give GCF permission to acquire it through the Website. For example, you may sign up for GCF’s newsletter or communicate with GCF to request further information. In these cases, GCF may require you to provide Personal Information, such as your name, e-mail address, work position, or organisational affiliation.
- indirectly, when your information, including Personal Information, is shared by other entities working with GCF through the modalities described in paragraph 23(a) of these Terms and Conditions.
- publicly, when your information, including Personal Information, is made available on other websites, publications or through other media channels. GCF may combine information, including Personal Information, you provide through the Website with other information sources available publicly to gain a better understanding of GCF’s relationship with you.
- technically, when the device or app you use to access the Website sends automatically-generated information. Here are some of the types of technical information we collect:
- Device-specific data: this may include the type of device you are using, operating system, or browser type, mobile network information, or unique device identifiers;
- Log data: records of your interactions with the Website are automatically created by GCF servers, such as your Internet Protocol (IP) address, the webpages you visited, search queries, or the files you downloaded;
- Location data: GCF may collect and process information about your current location, city, region and country; or
- GCF does not knowingly collect and manage Personal Information from children. If you learn that a child under your care has provided GCF with Personal Information without your consent, please contact GCF through any of the communication channels listed at the bottom of this webpage.
Processing of information collected through the Website
- Use of information by GCF. GCF will use your information, including Personal Information, to:
- Provide you with the services or information you have requested;
- Administer and keep a record of your relationship with GCF;
- Ensure GCF knows if and how you prefer to be contacted;
- Understand how GCF can improve the Website and its contents; or
- Respond to your questions or comments.
- GCF will ask for your permission before using Personal Information for purposes other than those set out in these Terms and Conditions.
- Sharing information with third parties. GCF may disclose your Personal Information in the following cases:
- For external processing: GCF may share Personal Information with third party contractors and subcontractors which will process such information, based on GCF’s instructions and in compliance with these Terms and Conditions. GCF may share information with a security consultant to help us get better at identifying spam. In addition, some of the information GCF requests may be collected by third party contractors or subcontractors on behalf of GCF.
- For legal reasons: GCF may share your Personal Information with third parties in response to legal process or when GCF believes in good faith that access, use, preservation or disclosure of the Personal Information is reasonably necessary to:
- meet any applicable law, regulation, legal process or enforceable governmental request;
- enforce applicable GCF’s policies and rules, including investigation of potential violations of such policies and rules;
- detect, prevent or otherwise address fraud, security or technical issues; or
- protect against harm to the rights, property or safety of GCF, its personnel, contractors, subcontractors, as well as the Website users or the public, as required or permitted by applicable law.
- Except for the cases set out in paragraph 28 of these Terms and Conditions, GCF may share your Personal Information with third parties with your consent.
- GCF may share aggregated, non-personally identifiable information publicly and with third parties without any prior information or authorisation. For example, GCF may share summarised aggregate data about the Website use trends for planning or benchmarking.
- Contractors and subcontractors. GCF may contract third party contractors and subcontractors to collect or process information, including Personal Information, on its behalf. In this case, GCF contractors and subcontractors may also treat Personal Information collected through this Website in accordance with any additional policies, rules and practice, which may apply to their operations.
- Transfer of information to other countries and territories. GCF may transfer, store or process information, including Personal Information, outside the country or territory where you are located. By submitting your Personal Information to GCF, you agree to this transfer, storing or processing at a location outside your country or territory. Although these countries may not have equivalent data protection laws in the country where you are located, GCF adopts reasonable measures to protect your Personal Information.
Protection of Personal Information
- GCF endeavours to protect the security and integrity of Personal Information collected through the Website. GCF has put in place appropriate technical controls to protect your Personal Information from unauthorised access, alteration, disclosure or destruction of information. However, due to the inherent nature of the Internet as an open global communications vehicle, GCF cannot guarantee that any information, whether during transmission through the Internet, while stored on GCF’s data systems or otherwise maintained by GCF, will be absolutely safe from intrusion by others, such as hackers. This includes information provided to us by e-mail, through direct postings on the Website, through GCF portals or media channels, or through the “Contact Us” feature of the Website. In providing information through these channels, you should be aware that your transmission might not be secure while it is in transit, and that a third party could possibly view the information in transit.
- For the purpose of effectively protecting information from accidental or malicious destruction, GCF may not remove information, including Personal Information, from its backup systems.
Access to, update and deletion of your Personal Information
- You have the right to:
- request for a copy of the Personal Information held by GCF about you. If you want to access your Personal Information, send a description of the information you want to see and proof of your identity by mail. GCF does not accept these requests by e-mail;
- update the Personal Information that GCF holds about you by contacting GCF through any of the communication channels listed at the bottom of this webpage;
- request GCF to stop processing your Personal Information and, if it is not necessary for the purpose it was provided, GCF will do so; and
- be removed from any of GCF’s active lists or databases. GCF will keep a copy of this request for its records so to ensure that you are not accidentally included in the lists again, unless you request GCF to do so.
- “Session cookies” are stored on your browser or device until you leave the Website.
- “Persistent cookies” remain on your device for much longer, or until you manually delete them.
- How long the cookie remains on your device will depend on the duration or “lifetime” of the specific cookie and your browser settings. You may also choose to disable or block cookies at any time. If you disable the cookies that GCF uses, this may impact your user experience while on the Website.
- GCF employs reasonable technical and organisational measures designed to secure the Website from accidental loss and/or unauthorised attempts to access, upload or change information, or otherwise cause damage. However, GCF does not guarantee that unauthorised users or third parties will never be able to defeat those measures, nor use content for improper purposes.
- Unless expressly stated otherwise, the findings, interpretations and conclusions expressed in the Materials on this Website are those of the various authors who prepared the relevant Materials and do not necessarily represent the views of GCF.
- GCF periodically adds, changes, improves or updates the Materials on this Website without notice. GCF reserves the right at its discretion to alter, limit or discontinue the Website or any Materials in any respect. GCF provides the Materials contained in this Website solely as a resource for its users without any form of assurance. While GCF tries to provide high quality Materials, these are provided "as is" and "as available" without warranty of any kind, either express or implied, including without limitation warranties and merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose and non-infringement. GCF specifically does not make any warranties or representations as to the accuracy or completeness of the Materials.
- Under no circumstances shall GCF be liable for any loss, damage, liability or expense incurred or suffered that is claimed to have resulted from the use of, or reliance on, any Materials on the Website, including, without limitation, any fault, error, omission, interruption or delay with respect thereto. The use of this Website is at the your sole risk.
- Under no circumstances, including but not limited to negligence, shall GCF or its affiliates be liable for any direct, indirect, incidental, special or consequential damages, even if GCF has been advised of the possibility of such damages.
- GCF nor any of its staff, consultants, advisers, information providers or content providers, shall be liable for any inaccuracy, error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, alteration of or use of any content herein, or for its timeliness or completeness, nor shall they be liable for any failure of performance, computer virus or communication line failure, regardless of cause, or for any damages resulting therefrom.
- As a condition of use of this Website, you agree to indemnify GCF and its affiliates from and against all actions, claims, losses, demands, liabilities and expenses (including reasonable attorneys’ fees) without limitation and any claims alleging facts that if true would constitute your breach of these Terms and Conditions.
VI. Final provisions
- GCF may modify these Terms and Conditions at any time, so you should look at this webpage regularly. Any changes to these Terms and Conditions will be posted on this webpage, and will be effective immediately. GCF is under no obligation to inform you when these Terms and Conditions change. By accessing and using the Website, you agree to be bound by the revised Terms and Conditions. If you do not agree to the changes, you should discontinue your use of the Website.
- No waiver by GCF of any provision of these Terms and Conditions shall be binding except as set forth in writing and signed by its duly authorised representative.
VII. Privileges and Immunities
- Nothing in these Terms and Conditions, or in any Materials on the Website, shall constitute or be interpreted as a waiver, express or implied, of any of the privileges and immunities granted to GCF.
VIII. How to contact GCF
- If you have any questions about the access or use of this Website, or on the interpretation or application of these Terms and Conditions, you may contact GCF Division of External Affairs through any of the following channels:
- Mail: Songdo Business District, 175 Art Center-daero, Yeonsu-gu, Incheon 22004 Republic of Korea