Country readinessGCF's Readiness Programme provides resources for countries to efficiently engage with GCF
The following documents, templates and multimedia resources provide in-depth information and guidance to accessing and implementing readiness support.
Approved readiness proposals are published according to GCF's Information Disclosure Policy (IDP). National Designated Authorities (NDAs) and/or Focal Points (FPs) may view these proposals for informational and inspiration purposes in designing new readiness proposals.
Guidelines and templates
The GCF Secretariat has developed a guidebook and templates for readiness proposal submission and progress monitoring of approved grants. Grant recipients are required to use these templates in submitting proposals and reporting to the GCF.
As per the Board decision (B.29/01), the Secretariat developed a guidance note and templates for a new funding window dedicated to Direct Access Entities (DAEs) for their implementation of GCF’s integrated results management framework (IRMF). Accredited DAEs are encouraged to refer to the guidance note and use these templates in submitting proposals to access this new funding.
Readiness and Preparatory Support guidebook: A practical guide on how to prepare readiness proposals and how to implement readiness grants
05 Apr 2023
GCF’s Readiness Programme is a crucial element of the Fund’s approach to ensuring country ownership and facilitating increased flows of climate finance. Developing countries can access Readiness resources to support capacity building, strategic frameworks, National Adaptation Plans and Adaptation Planning processes, the development of project and programme pipelines, and knowledge sharing and learning.
Readiness knowledge bank
The Readiness Knowledge Bank (RKB) is an online platform to share data, information, knowledge, and lessons learned from the Readiness Programme. The knowledge and data presented in this platform are generated throughout the Readiness Programme cycle from origination to project completion.
It provides easy access to a curated collection of relevant content in a one-stop platform that serves our stakeholders, including but not limited to:
- Countries, Readiness Delivery Partners, accreditation applicants, Accredited Entities, and potential project proponents
- Climate finance donors
- Other climate funds, UNFCCC, Civil Society Organisations, and academia
- GCF Secretariat
The RKB intends to:
- Enable countries to easily access general information about the RPSP and refer to other countries’ success stories to improve their countries’ readiness programming.
- Support DPs, AEs, and accreditation applicants in knowledge efforts with respect to the benefits and potential support of the RPSP that may serve their needs. They can also use the RKB as a venue to promote their success stories.
- Optimize information sharing and dissemination for stakeholders including donors to enable them to access information about the RPSP in an effective manner. This includes how it facilitates climate actions and capacity building of countries and project partners as the RKB presents evidence-based results as well as testimonials from implementation.
- The RKB features extensive information and data in the four menus as follows:
- Results: Readiness dashboards on the portfolio performance and project data and Data Stories which feature visualizations of Readiness results
- Success Stories: details on the journeys to empowerment and climate action of countries and delivery partners funded through Readiness support
- Tools and guidance: guiding documents and templates curated to assist audience understand and navigate the GCF processes across the seven stages of the Readiness programme cycle
- Policies, research and evaluation: GCF Board decisions and policies, and IEU studies related to the Readiness Programme
The following resources are developed by the Secretariat on specific operational and substantive topics under the Readiness Programme to assist NDAs and Delivery Partners in their development and implementation of effective readiness grants.
Webinar on the updated Readiness and Preparatory Support Programme
16 Apr 2020
As a result of the Board decision on the revised Readiness and Preparatory Programme (RPSP) strategy for 2019-2021, the RPSP guidebook is expanded with additional information and guidance to address the substantive and operational changes authorized by the Board. This webinar presented the new proposal templates and updated RPSP guidebook.