|1.||Opening of the meeting|
|2.||Adoption of the agenda and organization of work|
|3.||Adoption of the report of the fifth meeting|
|4.||Reports on activities|
|4.a.||Report on activities of the Co‐Chairs|
|4.b.||Report on activities of the Secretariat|
|5.||Reports from committees, panels and groups|
|6.||Administrative Policies of the Fund|
|8.||Initial modalities for the operation of the Fund’s mitigation and adaptation windows and the Private Sector Facility|
|9.||Additional result areas and indicators for adaptation activities|
|10.||Initial results management framework of the Fund|
|11.||Policies and procedures for the initial allocation of Fund resources|
|12.||Options for a Fund‐wide gender‐sensitive approach|
|13.||Terms of reference of the Independent Evaluation Unit, the Independent Integrity Unit, and the independent redress mechanism|
|14.||Country ownership, including: No‐objection procedure; Best practices for the establishment and composition of National Designated Authorities and focal points; and Best‐practice options for country coordination and multi‐stakeholder engagement|
|15.||Additional modalities that further enhance direct access, including through funding entities|
|16.||Progress reports on other essential requirements for the initial resource mobilization|
|16.a.||Initial proposal approval process, including the criteria for programme and project funding|
|16.b.||Guiding framework and procedures for accrediting national, regional and international implementing entities and intermediaries, including the Fund’s fiduciary principles and standards and environmental and social safeguards|
|16.c.||Fund’s financial risk management and investment frameworks|
|16.d.||Structure of the Fund, including the structure of the Private Sector Facility|
|17.||Detailed programme of work on readiness and preparatory support|
|18.||Financial terms and conditions of grants and concessional loans|
|19.||Status of resources|
|21.||Report of the meeting|
|22.||Closure of the meeting|
- Adopts the report of the fifth meeting, contained in document GCF/B.05/Drf.02, as amended;
- Agrees to publish it on the Fund’s website (document GCF/05/24 Report of the Fifth Meeting of the Board, 8-10 October 2013).
Appoints the following Board member to the Investment Committee for its first term, in accordance with the Terms of Reference as set out in Annex VII to document GCF/B.05/23:
Mr. Ewen McDonald, Committee member.
The Board, having considered document GCF/BM-2014/01 Administrative Policies of the Fund:
- Adopts the Administrative Policies of the Fund, as contained in Annex I to this document; and
- Approves the Fund’s initial staff salary structure for internationally and locally recruited staff effective 1 January 2014, as set out in Annex II to this document.
The Board, having considered document GCF/B.06/02 Initial Modalities for the Operation of the Fund’s Mitigation and Adaptation Windows and the Private Sector Facility:
- Notes that the initial modalities for the operation of the Fund’s mitigation and adaptation windows and the Private Sector Facility are under discussion by the Board according to the items as set out in document GCF/B.06/02. In addition, modalities for the operation of the Fund’s Private Sector Facility will be developed based on the recommendations of the Private Sector Advisory Group;
- Decides that a conclusion on the initial modalities of the Fund can only be reached at the end of the May 2014 Board meeting, once the Board has completed its deliberations on the different elements that constitute the modalities;
- Decides that the Board will continue considering the initial modalities for the operation of the Fund’s mitigation and adaptation windows and the Private Sector Facility at its May 2014 meeting, based on a revised document, taking into consideration the views expressed during this meeting.
The Board, having considered document GCF/B.06/03 Additional Result Areas and Indicators for Adaptation Activities:
Requests the Secretariat to further develop the proposals for adaptation result areas and indicators in conjunction with the Fund’s results management framework, taking into account the comments made by the Board.
The Board, having reviewed document GCF/B.06/05 Policies and Procedures for the Initial Allocation of Fund Resources,
- Adopts the following initial parameters and guidelines for allocation of resources, during the initial phase of the Fund:
- Decision to aim for a 50:50 balance between mitigation and adaptation over time;
- Decision to aim for a floor of fifty per cent of the adaptation allocation for particularly vulnerable countries, including least developed countries (LDCs), small island developing States (SIDS) and African States;
- Decision to manage access to resources with a view to seeking geographic balance and a reasonable and fair allocation across a broad range of countries, while maximizing the scale and transformational impact of the mitigation and adaptation activities of the Fund;
- Decision to maximize engagement with the private sector, including through a significant allocation to the Private Sector Facility;
- Decision that sufficient resources should be provided for readiness and preparatory support;
- Decision that all allocation parameters should be determined in grant equivalents;
- Requests the Secretariat to report annually on the status of resources in respect of the allocation parameters;
- Decides to undertake a review of the initial allocation parameters and guidelines, including of concentration risks, subject to the size of the Fund, no later than two years from the start of allocation of resources.
The Board, having considered document GCF/B.06/13 Options for a Fund-wide Gender-sensitive Approach:
- Requests the Secretariat to integrate gender considerations in the preparation of draft policy documents and draft documents containing operational modalities, in line with the Governing Instrument, including those documents for consideration by the Board at its seventh meeting;
- Requests the Secretariat to prepare a draft gender policy and action plan for discussion at the seventh Board meeting, consistent with a country-driven approach, including through consultations with relevant bodies and observer organizations, for adoption at the eighth Board meeting.
Requests the Secretariat to present to the seventh Board meeting a proposal, with draft terms of reference, to establish a Board committee to assist the Board in the appointments, performance reviews, salary decisions and accountability of the Head of the Independent Evaluation Unit, the Head of the Independent Integrity Unit and the Head of the Independent Redress Mechanism Unit as well as the Executive Director.
The Board, having reviewed document GCF/B.06/06 Terms of Reference of the Independent Evaluation Unit, the Independent Integrity Unit, and the Independent Redress Mechanism:
- Adopts the terms of reference of the Independent Evaluation Unit, as set out in Annex III to this document;
- Adopts the terms of reference of the Independent Integrity Unit, as set out in Annex IV to this document;
- Adopts the terms of reference of the independent redress mechanism, as set out in Annex V to this document.
The Board, having considered document GCF/B.06/07 Country Ownership:
Requests Board members/alternate members Mr. Dipak Dasgupta, Mr. Omar El-Arini, Mr. Anton Hilber and Mr. Alexander Severens to continue undertaking their deliberations on country ownership and to report back to the Board at its seventh meeting with a proposal for decision.
The Board, having considered document GCF/B.06/14 Detailed Programme of Work on Readiness and Preparatory Support:
- Takes note of the priority activities for readiness and preparatory support:
- Establishment of national designated authorities or focal points;
- Strategic frameworks, including the preparation of country programmes;
- Selection of intermediaries or implementing entities;
- Initial pipelines of programme and project proposals;
- Requests the Secretariat to elaborate a revised detailed programme of work, for consideration by the Board at its seventh meeting, that includes the following:
- Readiness activities to be undertaken in countries based on requests for support resulting from a consultation with countries and stakeholders;
- A delivery plan for the implementation of these readiness activities. The delivery plan will be developed in consultation with countries and existing initiatives. It will include a timeline and modalities for implementation;
- Options for entering into partnerships with existing initiatives, including of sub-national, national, regional and international actors, in order to implement the readiness activities supported by the Fund;
- Decides from the resources available or to be made available in the Green Climate Fund Trust Fund, the allocation of funds in the amount of US$ 1 million to the Secretariat for the preparation of a detailed programme of work and authorizes the Interim Trustee to commit and transfer such funds from the Green Climate Fund Trust Fund to the Secretariat, subject to the availability of resources in the Green Climate Fund Trust Fund;
- Requests the Secretariat to seek transparency, complementarity, and coherence amongst existing initiatives, and to establish and maintain an information-sharing platform and dialogue and facilitate South-South exchanges;
- Requests the Secretariat to review the modalities for the delivery of readiness support once the Fund’s accreditation and allocation policies are approved, with a view of ensuring consistency with the other established operational modalities of the Fund, for consideration by the Board;
- Requests the Executive Director to report to the Board twice a year on:
- Activities undertaken, including joint activities with existing initiatives;
- The progress of committing and disbursing available funds.
The Board, having considered document GCF/B.06/16 Financial Terms and Conditions of Grants and Concessional Loans:
Requests the Secretariat to revise document GCF/B.06/16 for the seventh Board meeting, taking into account the ongoing work on the financial risk management and investment frameworks.
Decides that its second meeting in 2014 will take place on 18-21 May 2014 in Songdo, Republic of Korea.
The Board, having considered document GCF/B.06/Inf.05 Logo of the Fund:
- Requests the Secretariat to coordinate the re-design of the colour and shape of the proposed logo with the logo designer;
- Requests the Logo Selection Panel to review the revised design and, if agreed, forward it to the Board for approval.