|Opening of the meeting
|Adoption of the agenda and organization of work
|Adoption lof the summary report of the last Board meeting
|Adoption of the summary report of the last Board meeting
|Additional rules of procedure of the Board
|Long‐term work plan and priorities of the Board
|Selection of the host country of the Fund
|Arrangements for the Interim Trustee
|Status of resources and administrative budget of the Interim Secretariat and the Interim Trustee
|Arrangements for establishing the independent Secretariat, including the selection of the Executive Director
|Arrangements between the Conference of the Parties and the Fund
|Report to the Conference of the Parties
|Summary report of the meeting
|Closure of the meeting
- Approved the report of the first meeting of Board as contained in Annex II to document GCF/B.02‐12/11, with amendments (subsequently issued as document GCF/B.01‐12/10);
- Agreed to publish the report of the first meeting of the Board on the Green Climate Fund website.
- Approved paragraph 3 of Annex III (Additional Rules of Procedure relating to Co‐Chairs) to document GCF/B.02‐12/02;
- Decided, in accordance with the recommendations from the team on Additional Rules of Procedure, to organize a meeting of the team to continue their work one day prior to the third Board meeting.
- Agreed to take decisions with an aim to finalize the Fund’s business model and consider each related matter in detail as part of the Board’s work plan until the end of 2013;
- Agreed in principle to the elements of the Board’s work plan until the end of 2013, as set out in Annex IV to document GCF/B.02‐12/03;
- Agreed to the indicative priority matters in the work plan until the end of 2013, as set out in Annex III to this report;
- Agreed to the indicative timeline for the Board’s work plan until the end of 2013, as set out in Annex IV to this report, noting that the Board will manage the timeline on a meeting‐by‐ meeting basis;
- Agreed to the list of matters for consideration at its next meeting as outlined in Annex V to this report;
- Requested the Interim Secretariat to prepare documents listed in Annex VI to this report for the first Board meeting in 2013;
- Requested the team of six Board members/alternate members to facilitate the preparation of the documents on the business model framework. These Board members/alternate members are: Mr. Arnaud Buisse, Mr. Nick Dyer, Mr. Derek Gibbs, Mr. Kjetil Lund, Mr. Tosi Mpanu Mpanu and Ms. Adriana Soto.
- Decided by consensus to select Songdo, Incheon City, Republic of Korea, as the host city of the Fund;
- Agreed to present this decision for endorsement to the Conference of the Parties (COP) of the United Nations Framework Convention on Climate Change (UNFCCC) at its eighteenth session.
- Approved the Standard Provisions applicable to the Green Climate Fund Trust Fund in Annex II to document GCF/B.01‐12/05/Rev.01;
- Approved the Transfer Agreement under the Green Climate Fund Trust Fund (MTO No. 069022) with the UNFCCC secretariat in connection with the Interim Secretariat in Annex III to document GCF/B.01‐12/05/Rev.01.
The Board, having reviewed document GCF/B.02‐12/06/Rev.01, and making a record of:
- Funds available for disbursement of US$ 2.7 million as at 19 October 2012;
- Previous pledges anticipated to be paid in of US$ 2.5 million;
- New pledges made at the meeting of US$ 1.5 million; and
- Strong commitments to additional pledges made,
- Approved, from resources available or to be made available in the Green Climate Fund Trust Fund (GCFTF), the administrative budget of the Fund for the period from 1 November 2012 to 31 December 2013 of US$ 7,481,000, as set out in Table 2 of document GCF/B.02‐12/06/Rev.01;
- Authorized the Interim Trustee to make cash transfers from the GCFTF to the UNFCCC and Global Environment Facility (GEF) secretariats as the Interim Secretariat, and to the World Bank as the Interim Trustee, in accordance with the administrative budget of the Fund approved by the Board, subject to adjustment based upon revised costs and expenditures to be incurred. In the event the Interim Trustee determines that the amount of available resources in the GCFTF will be insufficient to cover the total estimated budgets specified in (a) above, the Board authorizes the Interim Trustee to make cash transfers to the Interim Secretariat and the Interim Trustee up to the pro rata amount of available resources in the GCFTF to cover such total estimated budget as determined by the Interim Trustee;
- Authorized the Interim Secretariat to recruit staff for the period from 1 November 2012 to 31 December 2013, in accordance with the administrative budget of the Fund approved by the Board and subject to availability of resources, by:
- Issuing fixed term contracts up to December 2013;
- Further staff assignments from the UNFCCC and GEF secretariats;
- Reimbursable secondments of experts from relevant institutions; and/or
- Hiring consultants for extended periods of time;
- Took note of the supplementary information presented in the document, including on the status of financial resources in the GCFTF.
- Took note of the information presented in document GCF/B.02‐12/07;
- Requested the Board members to submit any comments they may have on the document to the Interim Secretariat no later than 3 November 2012.
- Decided to establish an Executive Director Selection Committee consisting of six Board members (H.E. Mr. Jan Cedergren, H.E. Mr. Ernesto Cordero Arroyo, Mr. Omar El‐Arini, H.E. Ms. Audrey Joy Grant, Mr. Manfred Konukiewitz and Mr. Alexey Kvasov ) that will oversee the selection process and make recommendations to the Board;
- Agreed to request the Executive Director Selection Committee to:
- Agree to revise the draft terms of reference for the Executive Director (Annex III of document GCF/B.02‐12/08), taking into account written comments received from Board members, which will be provided no later than 3 November 2012;
- Decide the selection process for the Executive Director, considering the most effective and efficient approach, including whether an executive search firm is required to assist in the process;
- In the event that an executive search firm is the option of choice, agree on the terms of reference for the search firm, and provide guidance to the Interim Secretariat to identify a suitable firm in a cost‐effective manner, for approval by the Selection Committee;
- Approve the text and media for disseminating the advertisement for the Executive Director;
- Agree a short‐list of candidates, interview the short‐listed candidates and create a final list of three candidates without ranking for consideration by the Board, at its third meeting;
- Incur expenses of up to US$ 200,000, ensuring expenditure is efficient and cost‐effective. If there is a requirement to exceed this amount, the Selection Committee will seek the Co‐Chairs’ approval; and
- Keep the Board informed of progress, including a report to the third meeting addressing action in relation to sub‐paragraphs (i)‐(vi) above.
- Requested the Co‐Chairs, assisted by the Interim Secretariat, to finalize the Report of the Green Climate Fund to the Conference of the Parties to the United Nations Framework Convention on Climate Change in Annex II to document GCF/B.02‐12/09, taking into consideration the comments and amendments made at the meeting, and forward it to the UNFCCC secretariat;
- Authorized the Co‐Chairs to present the report to the COP.