Africa Hydromet Program – Strengthening Climate Resilience in Sub-Saharan Africa: Burkina Faso Country Project
- Health, food and water security
- Livelihoods of people and communities
Location & People
- Burkina Faso BFA
- Public / Private
- Project size:
- E&S Risk category:
- Category A
- Category B
- Category C
- Instrument Grant USD
- IDA Grant USD
Project ownersAccredited Entity
- International Bank for Reconstruction and Development and International Development Association (World Bank)Access Modality: International
- Permanent Secretariat of the Transport Sector Program (Ministry of Transportation, Urban Mobility and Road Safety) Burkina Faso
One of the least developed countries in Africa, Burkina Faso is highly vulnerable to weather related hazards, especially floods and droughts. The country is already experiencing the effects of a changing climate and a growing trend of economic and livelihood losses due to weather-related disasters.
This project will address this problem by focusing primarily on strengthening the significantly underdeveloped climate information sector of the country. This is expected to provide positive results for the livelihoods of rural communities, along with increased food security and a reduction in their vulnerability to weather-related hazards.
The project has an estimated lifespan of 5 years.
|Document title||Published date|
|Funding proposal||27 Mar 2018|
|Gender action plan||23 May 2018|
|Gender assessment||22 May 2018|
- International Bank for Reconstruction and Development and International Development Association (World Bank) Ms. Claudia Croce Tel: +1 202 458 1697