B.35/11: Final report of the Independent Evaluation Unit's Second Performance Review of the GCF
The Board, having considered document GCF/B.35/07 titled “Second Performance Review (SPR) of the Green Climate Fund: Final Report”:
- Recalls paragraph 59 of the Governing Instrument for the GCF, which states that “there will be periodic independent evaluations of the performance of the Fund in order to provide an objective assessment of the results of the Fund, including its funded activities and its effectiveness and efficiency”;
- Also recalls decision B.BM-2021/11 where it initiated the second performance review of the performance of GCF for the GCF-1 programming period, in a manner appropriate to the current stage of GCF operations, while recognizing that GCF will be a continuously learning institution guided by processes of monitoring and evaluation;
- Takes note of the second review of the performance of GCF undertaken by the Independent Evaluation Unit;
- Notes the Secretariat’s management response to the evaluation report as presented in document GCF/B.35/07/Add.01; and
- Requests the Independent Evaluation Unit to submit a management action report to the Board no later than one year following the adoption of this decision.