B.25/10: Consideration of funding proposals
The Board, having considered limited distribution document GCF/B.25/04 titled “Status of approved funding proposals: Extension of deadline in respect of FP104 (Nigeria Solar IPP Support Program)”:
- Recalls decision B.24/10;
- Notes with concern the delay in the implementation of FP104;
- Decides to extend the deadline until 21 August 2020 for the submission by the accredited entity of a certificate or legal opinion, in form and substance satisfactory to the Secretariat, confirming that the accredited entity has obtained all final internal approvals needed by it and has the capacity and authority to implement the proposed project for the following approved funding proposal:
- FP104, titled “Nigeria Solar IPP Support Program”;
- Recognizes that in light of the repeated requests to extend the deadline referred to in paragraph (c) above, the Board may be unwilling to grant any further extension beyond 21 August 2020; and
- Requests the Secretariat to present to the Board at its twenty-sixth meeting a status update on the implementation progress of FP104 and, as appropriate, any lessons learned relating to projects whose deadlines have been extended by the Board.