B.25/01: Opening of the meeting
The Board, recalling decision B.23/18:
- Recognizes the current extraordinary circumstances resulting from the outbreak of the COVID-19 virus;
- Takes note that the Co-Chairs, guided by the best interests of the GCF pursuant to paragraph 10 of the Rules of Procedure of the Board, and on an exceptional basis and in light of such current extraordinary circumstances, decided to change the venue of the twenty-fifth meeting of the Board to Geneva, Switzerland;
- Confirms that the invocation by the Co-Chairs of paragraph 10 of the Rules of Procedure of the Board was warranted on an exceptional basis and in light of the current extraordinary circumstances;
- Ratifies the decision of the Co-Chairs to move the venue of the twenty-fifth meeting of the Board to Geneva, Switzerland; and
- Welcomes with appreciation the decision of the Government of Switzerland and the Canton of Geneva to host the twenty-fifth meeting of the Board at short notice.