B.14/03: Matters related to guidance from the Conference of the Parties: Support for REDD-plus
The Board, having considered document GCF/B.14/03 titled “Support for REDD-plus”,1
- Recognizes the need to complement other sources and types of finance, and that the GCF can support the development of national REDD-plus strategies or action plans and investment plans, including through the Readiness and Preparatory Support Programme, 2 and that the fund can support the implementation of national REDD-plus strategies or action plans;3
- Requests the Secretariat to develop for consideration by the Board at its sixteenth meeting:
- A request for proposals for REDD-plus results-based payments, including guidance consistent with the Warsaw Framework for REDD+ and other REDD-plus decisions under the United Nations Framework Convention on Climate Change, taking into account topics included in sections 4.1 and 4.2 of document GCF/B.14/03 and decision B.08/08; and
- Further guidance to support efforts by national designated authorities and focal points to engage with the GCF in early phases of REDD-plus using existing GCF modalities, tools and programmes; and
- Also requests the Secretariat to implement, with the advice of the Co-Chairs, a process for stakeholder and expert input to support its work under this decision and provide a progress report to the Board at its fifteenth meeting.