B.09/14: Other matters
The Board, having reviewed document B.BM-2015/02 Establishment and Terms of Reference of the Appointment Committee:
- Establishes the Appointment Committee as a committee of the Board in accordance with paragraphs 2 (g) and 30 of the Rules of Procedure of the Board;
- Adopts the terms of reference of the Appointment Committee, as set out in Annex XV to this document;
- Requests the Appointment Committee to present promptly upon its members being appointed, for consideration by the Board at its tenth meeting, the terms of reference for the Head of the Evaluation Unit, the Head of the Integrity Unit and the Head of the Redress Mechanism, the criteria for their selection, as well as details of the selection process to be conducted;
- Agrees that an open, merit-based selection process should begin no later than the second quarter of 2015;
- Requests the Secretariat to convene the first meeting of the Appointment Committee via videoconference as soon as practicable after the appointment of its members; and
- Decides to take up at its eleventh meeting the establishment of a standing Board committee to assist the Board in the appointments, performance reviews, salary decisions and accountability of the Head of the Evaluation Unit, the Head of the Integrity Unit and the Head of the Redress Mechanism as well as the Executive Director.