B.18/07: Policy matters related to the approval of funding proposals: Request for proposals for REDD-plus results-based payments
The Board, having considered document GCF/B.18/06 titled “Request for proposals for the pilot programme for REDD-plus results-based payments”:
- Takes note of the progress made in finalizing the draft request for proposals for the REDD- plus results-based payments pilot programme, as mandated in decision B.17/18, in the form set out in annex XI;
- Decides to set, for the REDD-plus results-based payments pilot programme only, the valuation of results at USD 5 per tonne of verified emission reductions of carbon dioxide equivalent (t CO2 eq);
- Decides to allocate up to USD 500 million to the request for proposals for the pilot programme for REDD-plus results-based payments;
- Decides to adopt the request for proposals for the pilot programme for REDD-plus results- based payments as set out in annex XI and the corresponding scorecard provided in annex XII;
- Requests the Secretariat to develop all corresponding templates and guidance for national designated authorities and accredited entities for applying to the request for proposals no later than two months after its adoption by the Board;
- Requests the Secretariat to conduct an analysis of the experience with, and the progress made towards achieving the objectives of the pilot programme for REDD-plus results- based payments for its consideration no later than at its last meeting of 2019.