B.08/02: Guiding framework and procedures for accrediting national, regional and international implementing entities and intermediaries, including the Fund’s fiduciary principles and standards and environmental and social safeguards: Guidelines for the operationalization of the fit-for-purpose accreditation approach
The Board, having considered document GCF/B.08/02 Guidelines for the Operationalization of the Fit-for-purpose Accreditation Approach and recalling decision B.07/02, paragraph (r):
- Recalls that all entities, including international, regional, national and subnational entities, can apply for accreditation to the Green Climate Fund;
- Stresses the fundamental importance for the accreditation process to contribute to building the capacities of entities in developing countries;
- Approves the guidelines for the operationalization of the fit-for-purpose accreditation approach set out in Annex I;
- Requests the Secretariat to finalize the relevant accreditation application documents and open a call for submissions of accreditation applications from implementing entities and intermediaries within four weeks after the eighth meeting of the Board, and use best efforts to have applications ready for consideration and possible decision on accreditation by the Board at its ninth meeting;
- Requests the Secretariat to develop a monitoring and accountability framework, which will include policies on the suspension and cancellation of accreditation to complement the operational guidelines approved in Annex I to document GCF/B.07/11 and the Fund’s other relevant accountability mechanisms, for consideration by the Board at its ninth meeting; and
- Requests the Secretariat to prepare a document on additional guidelines of the Fund with regard to non-multilateral international entities, in particular on their role with respect to the Fund’s objectives and modalities, and following a country-driven approach, for consideration by the Board at its ninth meeting.