B.04/09: Business model framework: Structure and organization
- Noted convergence that the initial structure and organization of both the Fund and the Secretariat should be thematic, with a Private Sector Facility, a strong country and programmatic focus, internal coherence and linkages, and the flexibility to evolve over time;
- Requested the Executive Director, with the support of the Interim Secretariat, to prepare for consideration by the Board at its September 2013 meeting, an initial structure that can be scaled up, organizational diagrams and a staffing table covering the core, operating and other relevant functions of a flexible and efficient Secretariat, as well as the cost, procedure, timeframe and process for implementing the proposed structure and organization, based on the views expressed by the Board during its June 2013 meeting;
- Agreed to consider, at its September 2013 meeting, the establishment and terms of reference of permanent and ad hoc committees of the Board that will assist the Board in fulfilling its roles and functions;
- Agreed to consider, at its first meeting in 2014, mechanisms to draw on appropriate expert and technical advice, including independent scientific and technical advice and from the other relevant thematic bodies, for the Board;
- Recognized that the Fund will have a Trustee with administrative competence to manage the financial assets of the Fund, in accordance with the Governing Instrument;
- Established independent evaluation and integrity units and an independent redress mechanism in accordance with the Governing Instrument;
- Agreed to consider, at its first meeting in 2014, the terms of reference of the independent evaluation and integrity units and the independent redress mechanism.