B.01‐12/04: Arrangements for the Interim Secretariat, including the appointment of its head
- Requested the Interim Secretariat to continue with the current arrangements as set up by the UNFCCC and the GEF secretariats and under the supervision of its Co‐Chairs;
- Provided guidance to the Interim Secretariat and requested the Interim Secretariat to report on how it implemented that guidance at the next Board meeting under the agenda item “Summary of activities of the Interim Secretariat”;
- Requested the Interim Secretariat to prepare a working document for the next Board meeting on how to address the issues relating to the establishment of the independent Secretariat, addressing the issues raised at this Board meeting;
- Agreed to initiate without undue delay the process of selecting the Executive Director of the independent Secretariat and requested the Interim Secretariat to prepare a working document addressing the criteria for, and the process of, the selection of the Executive Director as well as the terms of reference for this position;
- Invited the Board members to provide by 31 August 2012 comments to the Interim Secretariat additional to, or elaborating on, those presented at this Board meeting on the issues referred to in paragraphs (a) to (c).