Line of Credit for Solar rooftop segment for Commercial, Industrial and Residential Housing sectors
- Energy generation and access
- #7 Affordable and clean energy
Location & People
- India IND
- Public / Private
- Project size:
- E&S Risk category:
- Category I1
- Category I2
- Category I3
- Instrument Loan USD
- Tata Cleantech Capital Limited Loan USD
- Private Sector Developers Equity USD
Project ownersAccredited Entity
- Access Modality: Direct (National)
- Tata Cleantech Capital Limited
India is the world's fourth largest carbon emitter, responsible for 6 per cent of global greenhouse gas emissions. In its Nationally Determined Contribution (NDC), the Government of India has stated its ambition to achieve 40 percent cumulative electric power capacity from non-fossil fuel-based energy resources by 2030 - with a target of 40 GW of rooftop solar power by 2022.
The programme will enable access to long-term and affordable financing for the construction of 250 MW of rooftop solar capacity in India and thereby reduce emissions by 5.2 million tonnes of CO2 equivalent over 20 years. This pioneering private sector-driven initiative will unlock private sector investment in the rooftop solar market and pave the way toward a sustainable bankable model in India and beyond.
The project has an estimated lifespan of 20 years.
|Approved funding proposal||FP081 - NABARD - India||27 Mar 2018|
|Gender assessment||FP081 - NABARD - India||22 May 2018|
|Gender action plan||FP081 - NABARD - India||23 May 2018|
- National Bank for Agriculture and Rural Development (NABARD) Dr. Harsh Kumar Bhanwala Tel: +91 22 26530000 Mr. Shankar A Pande Tel: +91 22 26530094 Tel: +91 22 26530094