Scaling Up Energy Efficiency for Industrial Enterprises in Vietnam
- Buildings, cities, industries and appliances
Location & People
- Asia Pacific
- Vietnam VN
- Public / Private
- Project size:
- E&S Risk category:
- Category I1
- Category I2
- Category I3
- Instrument Guarantee USD
- Instrument Grant USD
- World Bank Loan USD
Project ownersAccredited Entity
- International Bank for Reconstruction and Development and International Development Association (World Bank)Access Modality: International
- Ministry of Industry and Trade (MoIT) Vietnam
- State Bank of Vietnam (SBV) Vietnam
- Ministry of Finance (MoF) Vietnam
Viet Nam is one of the most energy intensive countries in East Asia, and the energy intensity of its GDP is steadily increasing. Improving energy efficiency is the lowest cost option to reduce its greenhouse gas emissions and improve its energy security.
The scaling up of energy efficiency investments in the country's industrial sector will provide substantial mitigation impacts. This will be done through a GCF guarantee instrument and technical assistance and capacity building activities, combined with a dedicated credit line. It will build on ongoing efforts by the Vietnamese Government to promote the efficient use of electricity and reduce consumption and emissions.
The project has an estimated lifespan of 15 years.
- International Bank for Reconstruction and Development and International Development Association (World Bank) Ms. Claudia Croce Tel: +1 202 458 1697
- Ministry of Planning and Investment Vietnam Dr. Pham Hoang Mai