Institutional Development of the State Agency for Hydrometeorology of Tajikistan
- Livelihoods of people and communities
Location & People
- Asia Pacific
- Tajikistan TJ
- Public / Private
- Project size:
- E&S Risk category:
- Category A
- Category B
- Category C
- Instrument Grant USD
- Asian Development Bank Grant USD
Project ownersAccredited Entity
- Access Modality: International
- Ministry of Finance Tajikistan
Tajikistan already faces recurring climate-related extreme weather events, particularly floods and landslides. The country's hydromet services, designed to provide climate information for development planning, is under severe strain due to weak infrastructure and institutional challenges.
This problem will be addressed by supporting the legal and structural transformation of Tajikistan Hydromet Agency and developing and implementing a business model in hydromet services. The improvement of climate data will empower communities to make informed decisions in managing risks through timely and robust information.
The project has an estimated lifespan of 30 years.
- Asian Development Bank (ADB) Ms. Angelique Dawn A. Badelles Tel: +63-2-632-5704 Mr. Christian Ellermann Tel: +63-2-632-4564
- Committee on Environmental Protection Tajikistan Mr. Khayrullo Ibodzoda