GCF launches Executive Director recruitment processSongdo,
The Board of the Green Climate Fund (GCF) has launched the process to recruit a new Executive Director for the GCF Secretariat and invites applications for all interested individuals.
Based at GCF's headquarters in Songdo, Incheon City, Republic of Korea, the Executive Director will lead the Secretariat and rapidly expanding GCF operations in a period of extraordinary momentum and opportunity. The successful candidate will be an experienced professional of the highest calibre, with strong intellectual leadership based on knowledge and experience of climate change, development, and international finance. They will have sound political judgement, excellent strategic and analytical skills, proven effectiveness in communication and advocacy and leadership and management experience within a large organization in an international context. The term of the position is four years, with the possibility of reappointment once. This is a unique opportunity to play a key role in guiding global action on climate change.
The Executive Director, operating under the guidance of the Board, will work to achieve the GCF’s objective by:
- leading the Secretariat’s efforts in supporting the Board with the continued development and implementation of GCF operational and access modalities and funding structures;
- establishing and maintaining effective relationships with GCF’s stakeholders – including partner governments, contributors, recipients, Accredited Entities, the Trustee, the Conference of the Parties to the UNFCCC, observer organizations and other stakeholders – to mobilize resources;
- leading the development, management and promotion of the GCF portfolio, pipeline and resource planning, including effective work programming for readiness and preparatory support;
- leading efforts to recruit and retain high-calibre staff for the Fund’s Secretariat, to manage and optimize staff performance, and to foster an inclusive and healthy working environment;
- leading the Fund’s Secretariat in day-to-day operations, including administration, preparation for meetings of the Board and its committees, panels and groups, developing the work programme and administrative budget, risk management, monitoring and evaluation, establishing effective knowledge management practices and other functions assigned by the Board; and
- maintaining effective relationships with the Government of the Republic of Korea as the host country of the Secretariat.
An ad hoc committee for the selection of the Executive Director has been established, consisting of eight members from the GCF 24-member governing Board, and is responsible for the entire recruitment process. The committee has selected an executive search firm, Perrett Laver, to assist with the task. The committee will recommend at least three final candidates to the Board for its consideration at the fourteenth meeting in October.
The current Executive Director, Ms. Cheikhrouhou, had informed the Board in February 2016 that she will leave the Fund at the end of her term in September 2016.
More information about this vacancy is available here.
To apply for this position, please visit www.perrettlaver.com/candidates quoting reference number 2640. Applications should consist of a CV and a covering letter illustrating why you are well suited for this role.
If you have any questions, please contact Mr. Jordan Williams at email@example.com.
The closing date for all applications is Friday, 12 August 2016 at 24.00h Korean Standard Time (KST).